LLB (Hons) BA (Hons), QLS Accredited Specialist Succession Law
Jeneve is the Principal of The Will & All.
A solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia, Jeneve is a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Succession Law.
An Accredited Specialist is a practising solicitor who has demonstrated specialised competence in a particular area of law and has been conferred Specialist Accreditation by the Law Society under its peer-reviewed Specialist Accreditation Scheme. There are around 40 Queensland specialist succession lawyers in Queensland.
Jeneve is recognised by her peers as one of Queensland’s leading Wills, Estates and Succession planning lawyers, and Estate Litigation Lawyers, in numerous industry organisations such as Doyle’s Guide and APAC Insider.
Jeneve provides advice and representation on matters relating to succession, such as estate planning, estate administration, estate litigation, guardianship and administration for vulnerable people, end of life decision-making and the like.
Career highlights of Jeneve’s professional career include:
- Member – Queensland Law Society Succession Law Committee – current
- Member – Queensland Law Society Advisory Committee for Succession Law specialist accreditation 2011 – 2018
- Sessional teacher Succession Law – James Cook University 2009 – 2013
- Solicitor Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia -2004 –
- Associate to Her Honour Judge Sarah Bradley District Court of Queensland – 2003
Jeneve is frequently invited to present at professional legal conferences and seminars. Some recent presentations include:
- Enduring Powers of Attorney – Stay at the Forefront” co-presented with Sally-Ann Hayward Legalwise 10CPD Points in a Day 30 August 2019
- Cairns Judiciary Series – “Death Defying Stunts” co-presented with Naomi de Costa – Cairns Juduciary CPD Series 13 March 2019
- Queensland law Society
- Legalwise 10 CPD Points in One Day- “Why bother having a will?” 31 August 2018
- Far North Queensland Law Association – “Yes we have no bananas!” 23 March 2018
- Queensland Law Society Succession and Elder Law Residential 2017 – Questions of Notice Panel
- Queensland Law Society Annual Symposium 2017: Questions on Notice Panel chair
- Queensland Law Society Annual Symposium 2016: Five Things You Ought to Know About Family Provision Applications
- Queensland Law Society North Queensland Symposium 2015: End of Life Decision-making
- Queensland Law Society Succession and Elder Law Residential 2015: Case Update
- Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners/QLS: A Century Strong – 100 years of family provision 2014
- QLS Symposium 2014: Enduring Powers of Attorney – remedying loss in estates
- STEP QLD Annual Conference 2014: Powers of Attorney – the nuts, bolts, and icing on the cake co-presented with Glenn Dickson, barrister=at-law.
Jeneve served as a member of the Law Society’s Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee for many years. This committee runs the Specialist Accreditation program for succession law. The program provides practitioners with an opportunity to be formally recognised for their high level of competence and knowledge in their particular area of expertise. It also provides the public, and the legal profession, with a link to practitioners who are leaders in their field.
Jeneve enjoys presenting to community groups and organisations on succession-related topics such as wills, powers of attorney, and guardianship and administration for the incapacitated. Jeneve welcomes enquiries from community organisations regarding speaking opportunities.
Jeneve holds honours degrees in both law and arts from James Cook University, and taught succession law for many years at the Cairns and Townsville campuses.
BA LLB – Sally-Ann is a solicitor of the Supreme Court, Queensland, and she practices exclusively in estate law.
Sally-Ann provides a high quality legal service and delivers assistance and advice to her clients with compassionate determination.
She particularly enjoys the legal and technical aspects of estate administration.
Sally-Ann provides her clients with peace of mind by stepping them through the estate administration process in a manner they can understand. Sally-Ann assists executors and administrators to obtain grants of probate or letters of administration, where required, and administers the estate efficiently. Sally-Ann collaborates with accountants, where required, to ensure the estate receives proper tax advice and pays any tax required.
In relation to estate planning, Sally-Ann enjoys the challenge of finding the most effective estate planning vehicle to enable the smooth transition of wealth and assets from the willmaker to their intended beneficiaries. With two out of three marriages currently ending in divorce, it is more important than ever to ensure the assets of blended families are not spent on legal fees from disputes arising after death.
Sally-Ann believes in a holistic approach to estate planning to ensure all end-of-life matters are considered, not just a Will. Other end-of-life matters to be considered are the preparation of enduring powers of attorney, advance health directives and appropriate advice in relation to controlled assets such as superannuation.
Estate litigation, including family provision applications, often call for a balancing act between the competing financial interests of the parties at a time when there are emotional issues. Sally-Ann assists her clients to navigate through the legal process with confidence to ensure the best possible financial outcome in all of the circumstances.
Sally-Ann received her Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law degrees in 1997 in Townsville and has lived in Cairns, North Queensland since 1999.
Memberships and professional career development include:
- Queensland Law Society Practicing Certificate
- Member – North Queensland Law Association
- Member – Far North Queensland Law Association
- Member – Women in Super
- Member – Cairns Business Women’s Club
- Admitted as solicitor Supreme Court of Queensland, 2000
- Associate to Her Honour Judge Sarah Bradley District Court of Queensland, 1999 – 2000
- Associate to His Honour Judge Clive Wall QC, District Court of Queensland, 1999
Sally-Ann regularly speaks with community groups about succession-related matters such as Wills, powers of attorney, advance health directives, estate planning and other end-of-life decisions, and welcomes the opportunity to communicate on these important topics to interested groups.
Nancy is a paralegal, and has extensive legal practice experience.
Nancy has worked in Wills and Estates with Jeneve since 2010.
Nancy provides invaluable support to Jeneve and Sally, and she enjoys the personal experience of assisting our clients in the environment of a “boutique” practice.
Nancy continues to expand her understanding and knowledge of the issues involved in all aspects of our practice area of law.
She also holds Justice of the Peace qualifications.