LLB (Hons) BA (Hons), QLS Accredited Specialist Succession Law
Jeneve is a solicitor and is Principal/ Director of The Will & All.
“The laws of succession have always been of intense interest to me. I am fascinated by everything from the writing of wills, and their interpretation, to applications for their rectification, or for orders for wills to be made for people who cannot make their own will. I love to advise and assist beneficiaries and executors, and to help families resolve inter-generational issues by agreement where possible, or to take steps in the courts to prosecute or defend wrongs.”
A solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia, Jeneve has held Queensland Law Society Succession Law specialist accreditation since 2011.
Accredited Specialists are solicitors who have demonstrated specialised competence in a particular area of law and have been conferred Specialist Accreditation by the Law Society under its peer-reviewed Specialist Accreditation Scheme. There are around 40 Queensland specialist succession lawyers in Queensland.
Jeneve is recognised by her peers as one of Queensland’s leading Wills, Estates and Succession planning lawyers, and Estate Litigation Lawyers, in numerous industry organisations such as Doyle’s Guide and APAC Insider.
Jeneve provides advice and representation on matters relating to succession, such as estate planning, estate administration, estate litigation, guardianship and administration for vulnerable people, end of life decision-making and the like.
In 2019-20, Jeneve successfully completed National Mediation training and Assessment.
Career highlights of Jeneve’s professional career include:
- Member – Queensland Law Society Succession Law Committee 2012 – 2021
- Member – Queensland Law Society Advisory Committee for Succession Law specialist accreditation 2011 – since 2018
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist – since 2011
- Sessional teacher Succession Law – James Cook University 2009 – 2013
- Solicitor Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia – since 2004
- Associate to Her Honour Judge Sarah Bradley District Court of Queensland – 2003
Jeneve is frequently invited to present at professional legal conferences and seminars. Some recent presentations include:
- Law Hack: the sunset SELF Brains Trust – Queensland Law Society 18 December 2019
- Introduction to Estate Planning – Enduring Powers of Attorney – Queensland Law Society – co-presented with Sally-Ann Hayward – recorded webinar October 2020
- “Succession Law Allsorts” co-presented with Sally-Ann Hayward Legalwise 10CPD Points in a Day 28 August 2020
- Enduring Powers of Attorney – Stay at the Forefront” co-presented with Sally-Ann Hayward Legalwise 10CPD Points in a Day 30 August 2019
- Cairns Judiciary Series – “Death Defying Stunts” co-presented with Naomi de Costa – Cairns Judiciary CPD Series 13 March 2019
- Legalwise 10 CPD Points in One Day – “Why bother having a will?” 31 August 2018
- Far North Queensland Law Association – “Yes we have no bananas!” 23 March 2018
- Queensland Law Society Succession and Elder Law Residential 2017 – Questions of Notice Panel
- Queensland Law Society Annual Symposium 2017: Questions on Notice Panel
- Queensland Law Society Annual Symposium 2016: Five Things You Ought to Know About Family Provision Applications
- Queensland Law Society North Queensland Symposium 2015: End of Life Decision-making
- Queensland Law Society Succession and Elder Law Residential 2015: Case Update
- Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners/QLS: A Century Strong – 100 years of family provision 2014
- QLS Symposium 2014: Enduring Powers of Attorney – remedying loss in estates
- STEP QLD Annual Conference 2014: Powers of Attorney – the nuts, bolts, and icing on the cake co-presented with Glenn Dickson, barrister=at-law.
Jeneve is a member of the Law Society’s Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee. This committee runs the Specialist Accreditation program for succession law. The program provides practitioners with an opportunity to be formally recognised for their high level of competence and knowledge in their particular area of expertise. It also provides the public, and the legal profession, with a link to practitioners who are leaders in their field. She also served for many years on the QLS Succession Law Committee which, amongst other things, provides advice to government about the laws of succession.
Jeneve enjoys presenting to community groups and organisations on succession-related topics such as wills, powers of attorney, and guardianship and administration for the incapacitated. Jeneve welcomes enquiries from community organisations regarding speaking opportunities.
Jeneve holds honours degrees in both law and arts from James Cook University, and taught succession law for many years at the Cairns and Townsville campuses of the University.
Jennifer’s motto to those who do not have their estate planning in order is “Stop thinking about it and do it!” She applies a similar approach to estate disputes where time is often of the essence, and opportunities may be lost if advice is not taken and acted on as soon as may be.
We welcomed Jennifer to The Will & All as Senior Associate in 2021. With her extensive practice experience in succession and elder law, and her extensive commercial law experience, Jennifer is a valuable addition to our team.
Jennifer takes a holistic approach to her client’s circumstances, and assists our clients to consider all the options available to them to get the best outcomes for themselves and their families.
Jennifer has assisted numerous clients with all manner of challenging estate administration and litigation matters. She is results driven, and enjoys addressing the many issues necessary to provide choice and certainty with estate planning and administration, and she takes a realistic approach to achieving the best outcome for each of our client’s unique situation.
In addition to practising in succession and estate law, Jennifer has over 12 years of experience working in Commercial law in Melbourne, NSW and Queensland. Her commercial law practice experience is particularly valuable when planning and administering complex estates that include business and commercial property interests.
Qualifications and memberships
– Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland – 2008
– Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia – 2008
– Bachelor of Law, James Cook University – 2007
– Member – Queensland Law Society
LLB (Hons) JP (Qual) – Tanneil is a solicitor of the Supreme Court, Queensland, and she practices exclusively in estate law.
Tanneil was conferred a Bachelor of Laws with Honours in 2019. She has an extensive practical background in legal matters ranging from wills and estate, to property and trusts.
Tanneil’s determination to achieve the very best outcomes for her clients is underpinned by her sense of justice and fairness, and is complemented by her willingness to consider and apply practical strategies that break through difficult disputes and achieve resolution.
Tanneil was one of the first graduate lawyers to be admitted as a solicitor by audio-visual link in April 2020. Since becoming a solicitor, Tanneil has assisted many of our clients with their estate and future planning, administered some challenging and unusual estates, and she has achieved remarkable outcomes for our litigation clients.
She is experienced in elder and guardianship matters in addition to estate planning, estate administration and estate litigation, and has appearance experience in the Supreme and District Courts, and QCAT.
Nancy is the person who is most likely to answer the phone when you call The Will & All, and to greet visitors to our office. She provides invaluable support to Jeneve, Jenny, and Tanneil, and she enjoys the personal experience of assisting our clients in the environment of a “boutique” practice.
Nancy continues to expand her understanding and knowledge of the issues involved in all aspects of our practice area of law.
She is a qualified Justice of the Peace.